Modern Indian History - British Rule - KAS Online Class Part 4
Modern Indian History Class Part 4. In this class we discuss about the British Rule in India, which is the continuation of previous class. Here you will learn about the following
- Regulating Act, 1773,
- Warren Hastings
- Anglo Maratha War
- Treaty of Salabai
Download Study Notes PDF
Questions and Answers
- 1. Treaty of Salbai was signed between
- A) Marathas and the British
B) Mysore and the British
C) Nizam and the British
D) Nizam and Marathas
- 2. Which of the following is the outcome of the Treaty of Salbai of 1782?
- A) British EIC and Marathas were agreed to have peace for next 20 years.
B) Madhava Rao II was made Peshwa of Maratha region.
C) English gained control over Salsette region.
D) All the above.
- 3. Which among the following was not a major power in India during the reign of Warren Hastings?
- A) Peshwa of Maratha
B) Nizam of Hyderabad
C) Nawab of Bengal
- 4. Who was the first Governor General of Bengal?
- A) Robert Clive
B) Warren Hastings
C) William Bentinck
D) John Shore
- 5. In which year regulating act was passed by the British parliament with the aim of controlling the East India Company?
- A) 1771
- 6. Consider the following statements
- i) Governor of Bengal was re designated as Governor General of Bengal.
ii) Established Supreme Court at Bombay in 1774.
iii) Bombay and Madras presidencies subordinate to the Governor General of Bengal.
iv) Prohibited private trade of Company servants.
Which are the correct outcomes Regulating act of 1773?
A) i, ii and iii
B) ii, iii and iv
C) i, iii and iv
D) i, ii, iii and iv