Know More about Lord Cornwallis and Anglo Mysore War III for Kerala Administrative Service Exam 2019
Know More about Lord Cornwallis and Anglo Mysore War III for Kerala Administrative Service Exam 2019.
Lord Cornwallis, a warrior‐statesman, succeeded Warren Hastings as Governor‐General in 1786.
Anglo Mysore War III (1790-92)
Download Study Note PDF
[ Download ##download## ]
Questions and Answers
- 1. Who is known as the ‘Father of Indian civil services’?
- A) Lord Cornwallis
B) Lord Macauley
C) Lord Delhousie
D) Lord Wellesley
- 2. The treaty of Srirangapatnam was signed between
- A) Hyder Ali and the British
B) Tipu Sulthan and the British
C) Nizam of Hydrabad and the British
D) Tipu Sulthan and the Nizam of Hydrabad
- 3. Consider the following statements
- i) Tippu had to give up his some dominions
ii) He had to pay a war indemnity of three crore rupees
iii) Tippu had to surrender two of his sons as hostages to the English
iv) Both sides agreed to release the prisoners of war.
Which are correct outcomes of the Treaty of Srirangapatnam?
A) i, ii and iii
B) ii, iii and iv
C) i, iii and iv
D) I, ii, iii and iv
- 4. Which of the following is not among the regions gained by the British following the Treaty of Srirangapatnam with Tipu Sulthan?
- A) Mangalore
- 5. Identify the correct statement(s)
- i) Cornwallis inaugurated the policy of making appointments mainly on the basis of merit
ii) Cornwallis found that the officers of the company were overpaid and the salary had to be reduced.
iii) To reduce the expenditure, Cornwallis abolished a number of posts.
A) I only
B) i and ii
C) ii and iii
D) I and iii
- 6. Which of the following are the reasons which persuaded Cornwallis to hike the salary of the company officials?
- i) The servants of the company were underpaid.
ii) They received commissions on revenue.
iii) They conducted forbidden and profitable private trade
A) all the above
B) iii only
C) I and ii
D) none of these
- 7. Which of the following is not among the three categories of services introduced by Lord Cornwallis?
- A) Judicial service
B) Executive service
C) Commercial service
D) Revenue service