Buddhism Part 2 Ancient and Medieval Indian History Part 11
Kerala Administrative Service (KAS) Online Class on Buddhism Part 2. Here we discuss about 4 noble truths of Buddhism, Eight fold Path and split in Buddhism.
Study Notes PDF
Questions and Answers
- 1. Who was the first woman to be the member of sangha, an organisation of Buddhist monks who taught dhamma
- A) Yashodhara
B) Mahapajapati Gotami
- 2. Which of the following is not among the 4 noble truths of buddhism?
- A) Sutta
- 3. Consider the following statements
i) The path to end suffering is called eight fold path
ii) Tripidikas are written in Pali language
iii) Fourth Buddhist council was convened by Kanishka
iv) The word Vajrayana means "The vehicle of the Thunderbolt ".
Which of the above statements are correct?
- A) i, ii and iii
B) ii, iii and iv
C) all the above
D) i, iii and iv
- 4. Match the following
1. Vinaya pitaka I philosophical analysis of teachings
2. Sutta pitaka II teachings of Buddha
3. Abhidharma pitaka III rules of conduct and discipline
- A) 1-I, 2-II, 3-III
B) 1-III, 2-II, 3-I
C) 1-I, 2-III, 3-II
D) 1-II, 2-III, 3-I
- 5.Match the following
1. First council I Kundavana
2. Second council II Vaishali
3. Third council III Patliputra
4. Fourth council IV Rajgriha
- A)1- II, 2- IV, 3-III, 4-I
B) 1-I, 2-II, 3-III, 4-IV
C) 1-III, 4-IV, 3-II, 4-I
D) 1-IV, 2-II, 3-III, 4-I
- 6. Identify the incorrect statement related to Hinayana sect of Buddhism
- A) Do not believe in idol worship
B) Literally the word Hinayana means "Great Vehicle"
C)Theravada is a Hinayana sect
D) Buddha was like a teacher
- 7. When and where was the second Buddhist council held?
- A) 72 AD in Kundalavana
B) 383 BC at Patliputra
C) 483 BC at Rajgriha
D) 383 BC at Vaishali
- 8. The third Buddhist council was convened by
- A) Asoka