Kerala Administrative Service (KAS) Online Class on Economy and Planning. Indian Economy on the eve of Independence. Indian Economy before independence, Agricultural sector, Industrial sector, Foreign Trade, Demographic conditions.
Kerala Administrative Service (KAS) Online Class on Economy and Planning. Indian Economy on the eve of Independence.
Indian Economy before independence, Agricultural sector, Industrial sector, Foreign Trade, Demographic conditions.
Download Study Notes PDF
[ Download ##download## ]
Questions and Answers
- 1. When was the first census conducted in India?
- A) 1880
- 2. The Tata Iron and Steel Company (TISCO) was established in
- A) 1900
- 3. Which of the following are the main reasons for the deterioration of Agriculture sector during British period?
- i) The land revenue system introduced by the British.
ii) Limited investment in flood control and drainage.
iii) The British encouraged Cash crops to feed their industries.
A) ii only
B) i and ii
C) ii and iii
D) i, ii and iii
- 4. Identify the incorrect effect of the British polices on the Industrial sector of British India.
- A) Handicraft industries of India declined.
B) India became an exporter of raw materials.
C) Unemployment rate reduced in industrial sector.
D) India became a market of finished goods imported from Britain.
- 5. Which of the following is incorrectly matched related to the effect of British rule on different sectors of economy?
- A) Agricultural sector – Surplus labour and low productivity.
B) Industrial sector – Traditional industries declined.
C) Trade – India became an exporter of finished goods.
D) Infrastructure – Development of transportation and railways enabled the breaking of geographical and cultural barriers.
- 6. The national revenue of India was first estimated by
- A) Dadabhai Naoroji
B) PC Mahalanobis
C) MN Roy
D) V K R V Rao
- 7. Identify the correct statements about the condition of Indian economy at the eve of independence
- i) Surplus labour in agriculture sector
ii) Foreign trade was oriented to meet the industrial requirements of Britain.
iii) No modernization in Industrial sector.
iv) Extremely low productivity in agriculture sector.
A) i, ii and iii
B) ii, iii and iv
C) i, iii and iv
D) i, ii, iii and iv