Making of Indian Constitution Drafting Committee Constituent Assembly
Making of Indian Constitution, Drafting Committee, Constituent Assembly.
Study Notes PDF
Questions and Answers
1. Consider the following statements
i) The Constitution of India is the fundamental law of the land.
ii) The constitution can amended by adding or deleting rules into it.
iii) The Constitution is the source of all laws for the country
Identify the correct statement(s).
A) I and ii
B) ii and iii
C) ii only
D) i,ii and iii
2. The British Prime Minister who sent Cabinet Mission to India
A) Clement Attlee
B) Ramsay MacDonald
C) Winston Churchill
D) Neville Chamberlaian
3. Who among the following was not a member of Cabinet mission?
A) A V Alexander
B) Sir Stafford Cripps
C) Lord Penthick Lawrence
D) Sir John Simon
4. How many members were there in the constituent assembly during its formation?
5. How many members were there in the constituent assembly after the partition of India?
6. Identify the incorrect statement
A) Dr Rajendra Prasad was the permanent chairman of the constituent assembly
B) The constitution came into force on 26 th November 1947.
C) Dr Sachidananda Sinha was the first chairman of the constituent assembly
D) The objective resolution was presented by Jawaharlal Nehru.
7. Consider the following statements
i) Introduction to the constitution is called preamble
ii) Presently there are 8 schedules in the constitution
iii) Presently there are 25 parts in the constitution
iv) The date mentioned in preamble is 26 November 1949
Which of the above statements are correct?
A) i, ii and iii
B) ii, iii and iv
C) all the above
D) i, iii and iv
8. ‘Initially the constituent assembly was not a sovereign body’, because
A) The British government could interfere in their activities
B) The constitution could not be amended by adding or deleting rules into it
C) Representatives from the British provinces of India and the native states were elected to the constituent assembly of India
D) A large part of Indian Constitution was derived from the Govt of India act of 1935
9. The process of making changes in the constitution is called
10. Match the following
1 BR Ambedkar I Objective resolution
2 Jawaharlal Nehru II Drafting Committee
3 Rajendra Prasad III Permanent Chairman
4 Sachidananda Sinha IV First chairman
A) 1-I, 2-II, 3-III, 4-IV
B) 1-II,2- I, 3-III, 4-IV
C) 1-II, 2-I, 3-IV, 4-III
D) 1-III, 2-I, 3-II, 4-IV