Here we discuss important points regarding our Solar system, Sun Earth, All 8 Planets and more
Here we discuss important points regarding our Solar system, Sun Earth, All 8 Planets and more.
Sun, Structure of Sun, Planets, Inner Planets, Outer Planets etc
Download Study Notes PDF
Questions and Answers
- 1. The galaxy which contains solar system is
- A) Pinwheel
C) Milky way
- 2. Consider the following statements
- i) Milky way is a spiral galaxy.
ii) The Andromeda Galaxy is the closest spiral galaxy to Milky way.
iii) A Galaxy is a system of billions of stars, stellar remnants, interstellar gas, dust, and dark matter.
iv) The Milky Way is the galaxy that contains our Solar System.
Which of the following are correct?
A) i, ii and iii
B) ii, iii and iv
C) i, iii and iv
D) i, ii, iii and iv
- 3. Identify the incorrect statement
- A) Star is a celestial body which has it’s own light and heat.
B) They are made up of gases.
C) Sirius A is the brightest star visible in Earth’s night sky.
D) Proxima Centauri is the closest star to Earth.
- 4. The process responsible for the production of heat and light of the sun is
- A) Nuclear fusion
B) Nuclear fission
C) Photo electric effect
D) Radio activity
- 5. The boundary between the sun’s interior and the solar atmosphere is called
- A) Corona
- 6. What is corona?
- A) The uppermost portion of the sun’s atmosphere.
B) Visible area of the sun.
C) The lower region of the solar atmosphere.
D) The boundary between the Sun's interior and the solar atmosphere.
- 7. Match the following
- i) Corona 1. The boundary between the Sun's interior and the solar atmosphere
ii)Core 2. Hottest region of the sun
iii)Photosphere 3. The uppermost portion of the Sun's atmosphere
iv)Chromosphere 4. The lower region of the solar atmosphere
A) i-3 ii-2 iii-1 iv-4
B) i-3 ii-1 iii-2 iv-4
C) i-1 ii-2 iii-3 iv-4
D)i-1 ii-4 iii-2 iv-3
- 8. Consider the following statements
- i) It should orbit around the sun
ii) It should not be a satellite of any planet
iii) Due to its own mass and self-gravity it should get a spherical shape
iv) Any other celestial body should not cross in its orbit
Which among the above statements are the essential qualities to be processed by a heavenly body to be considered as a planet?
A) i only
B) ii and iii
C) i and iv
D) all the above
- 9. Which among the following is not a terrestrial planet?
- A) Earth