The questions asked from previous years IAS exam and other administrative service exams from the topic ancient and medieval India are given below.
The main Examination is intended to assess the overall intellectual traits and depth of understanding of candidates rather than merely the range of their information and memory. The questions asked from previous years IAS exam and other administrative service exams from the topic ancient and medieval India are given below. These questions can be consider as Model Questions for your Kerala Administrative Service (KAS) Exam. Try to answer all questions in 150 to 250 words.
Sub topics : Salient aspects of Art, Architecture, literature from Ancient to Modern Times.
- Safeguarding the Indian art heritage is the need of the moment. Discuss. 2018
- Assess the importance of the accounts of the Chinese and Arab travellers in the reconstruction of the history of India. 2018
- The Bhakti movement received a remarkable re-orientation with the advent of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. Discuss. 2018
- How do you justify the view that the level of excellence of Gupta numismatic art is not at all noticeable in later times? 2017
- Early Buddhist Stupa-art, while depicting folk motifs and narratives successfully expounds Buddhist ideals. Elucidate. 2016
- Krishnadeva Raya, the King of Vijayanagar, was not only an accomplished scholar himself but was also a great patron of learning and literature. Discuss. 2016
- The ancient civilization in Indian sub-continent differed from those of Egypt, Mesopotamia and Greece in that its culture and traditions have been preserved without a breakdown to the present day. Comment. 2015
- Mesolithic rock cut architecture of India not only reflects the cultural life of the times but also a tine aesthetic sense comparable to modem painting. Critically evaluate this comment. 2015
- To what extent has the urban planning and culture of the Indus Valley Civilization provided inputs to the present day urbanization? Discuss. 2014
- Gandhara sculpture owed as much to the Romans as to the Greeks. Explain. 2014
- Taxila university was one of the oldest universities of the world with which were associated a number of renowned learned personalities of different disciplines. Its strategic location caused its fame to flourish, but unlike Nalanda, it is not considered as a university in the modern sense. Discuss. 2014
- Sufis and medieval mystic saints failed to modify either the religious ideas and practices or the outward structure of Hindu / Muslim societies to any appreciable extent. Comment. 2014
- Though not very useful from the point of view of a connected political history of South India, the Sangam literature portrays the social and economic conditions of its time with remarkable vividness. Comment. 2013
- Discuss the Tandava dance as recorded in the early Indian inscriptions. 2013
- Chola architecture represents a high watermark in the evolution of temple architecture. Discuss. 2013