Important Points Regarding Indian National Flag for all competitive type examinations. When was the first tricolor national flag introduced
Important Points Regarding Indian National Flag for all competitive type examinations. When was the first tricolor national flag introduced, when Constituent Assembly adopted our National Flag etc are discussed here.
- 1906- first national flag of India 7th August 1906, in Kolkata at the Parsee Bagan Square (Green Park).
- 1907: Madame Cama -hoisted an Indian flag in Germany
- 1917: Dr Annie Besant and Lokmanya Tilak adopted a new flag as part of the Home Rule Movement
- 1931: The Congress Committee met in Karachi and adopted the tricolour (Pingali Venkayya) as India’s national flag.
- Length to width ratio of 3:2
- Constituent Assembly adopted the motion of national flag on 22nd July 1947
- Ashoka Chakra - Sarnath Lion Capital of Ashoka
- Asoka Chakra is in a Navy-blue colour
- It has 24 spokes
- Part IV-A of the Constitution (which consists of only one Article 51-A)
- Article 51A (a), it shall be the duty of every citizen of India to abide by the Constitution and respect its ideals and institutions, the National Flag and the National Anthem.
- Article 19(1)(a) – Freedom Speech and Expression – Hoisting national flag
- National Flag of India is to be made by ‘Khadi’ which is hand-spun wool/cotton/silk Khadi cloth. Karnataka Khadi Gramodyoga Samyukta Sangha is the only unit in India that is accredited to supply and manufacture the Flag of India.
- Flag Code of India, 2002 set of laws, practices and conventions that apply to the display of the national flag of India.
- Section 2 of the new code accepts the right of all private citizens to fly the flag on their premises.